Contemporary Fiction And Modern Poetry
Writing Me Up is a website for free to read contemporary fiction and modern poetry. The fiction is usually short and often quite edgy. Sometimes the poetry is, too.
I have grown fond of the haiku and senryu forms, which lend themselves to subjects like life and death and and love and hate. And what else is there, really?
I would say that I’m like most other writers. Some of my work is fairly good. Some of it is really not. Most of it is just okay. That’s how it works. I’m not going to fret about it.
Have a browse round. Pick a tag or category or an archive to look at. If you like what you read, let me know. If you don’t, just move along. Life’s too short for arguments.
If you want to say something about my work, send me a comment. I’m happy to talk. By which I mean write, of course.
These are the latest posts but there are loads more. This blog has been around a for while now, so there’s a fair old back catalogue. In 2021 I decided to just go for it, so I’ve been posting every day since August of that year. The back catalogue is increasing nicely as a result. Dip in now and again. I’m sure you’ll find something to amuse or annoy you.
- Who’s Zooming Who?
- Start The Week Another Day
- Let It Be Lazy Sunday
- Give Back And You Win More
- Every Day Is Like A Birthday
- This Life Is For Living
- "Words are often seen hunting for an idea, but ideas are never seen hunting for words."
- "It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves."
- "Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its counterfeit."
- "Everything popular is wrong."